Practice Transformation Institute is Michigan’s leading provider of Continuing Medical Education (CME), offering experiential learning programs for the Patient-Centered Medical Home and other primary care transformation initiatives. PTI is Accredited Provider (AP) by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and adheres to the highest standards of the training profession. We are also accredited by the Michigan State Medical Society to provide CME for physicians. Our training programs and continuing education units can be delivered at your facility or at PTI’s training center in Rochester, Michigan.
- Unconscious Bias – Topics include important strategies that can be used to identify, minimize or eliminate implicit and explicit bias and the many facets of each.
- Implementing Change – Topics include Model of Improvement, the essentials of teamwork with quality improvement, patient experience of care and survey impacts on the practice and the payer and more.
- Building a Successful Team and Staffing for Transformation – Topics include generational diversity and its impact on self-management, communication and much more.
- Developing Practice Infrastructure – Topics include creating your practice mission and vision statement, creating job descriptions, performance evaluations, developing policy and procedures, and more.
- Workflow Management and Process Mapping – Topics include inputs, outputs and processes, and nominal group approach.
- Building Blocks of Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) – Topics include outlining the principles of the PCMH and describing the steps required for designation or achievement.
- Self-Management – Topics include culture of change, motivational interviewing, health coaching and self-management techniques.
- Care Management – Topics include health literacy, planned care visits, shared medical visits and test tracking, prevention, and follow up.
- Coordination of Care – Topics include transitions of care, medication reconciliation, palliative care and end of life.
- Implementation and Use of Registry – Topics include introduction to population health, incorporating evidence-based guidelines into a registry and much more.
- Chronic Illness and Prevention Measures (Congestive Heart Failure, Coronary Artery Disease and Hypertension) – Topics include normal anatomy and physiology, pathophysiology, evidence-based guidelines and more.
- Chronic Illness and Prevention Measures (Diabetes, Asthma and COPD) – Topics as above but disease specific.
- Chronic Illness and Prevention Measures (Obesity, Depression and Low Back Pain) – Topics as above but disease specific.
- Learning Collaboratives – Topics could vary on needs of organization(s). A learning collaborative is a learning and innovation community that links a variety of organizations together to rapidly test and implement meaningful, sustainable change within a specific topic area. The Learning Collaboratives are designed on the IHI Collaborative Model for Achieving Breakthrough Improvement.
- Keynote speaker services – PTI can provide subject matter experts to deliver dynamic, interactive presentations for workshops and seminars.
- Leadership Retreat – Retreats can be designed for physicians, individual practice teams, or large groups of practice teams. Tailored training and more in-depth subject matter related to practice transformation and quality improvement will be developed upon request.
Intended Audience: All health care professionals
Speakers Bureau: Practice Transformation Institute uses nationally regarded subject matter experts to deliver its education curriculum and transformation services.